No doubt in sports the players need energy booster to remain active while playing. All the performers in the athletic activities require health drinks to maintain their body temperature. These health drinks are also termed as sports drinks which are not only associated with the sports but with all the bodily exercise in which you burn energy.
The sports drinks play the crucial role in the life of the athlete. But before getting into the in-depth knowledge and understanding about the benefits of health or sports drinks in sports, let’s discuss the varieties of health drinks that can be offered to the player.
Varieties of Sports Drinks
- Coconut water
- Watermelon juice
- Filtered Water
- Soda Water
- Green Drinks
- Kombucha (sugary black tea drink)
These beverages serve as the health drinks for the performers undergoing the physical work. Some drinks can be offered in the reasonable amount which can be non-caffeinated tea, coconut milk, drinks holding natural ingredients, antioxidant beverages and much more. All these beverages provide you the excellent choice from which you can choose as per your preference.
As a consumer, you should be aware of the types of sports drinks so that you can make out which sort of drink is apt for your body.
Types of Drinks
- Isotonic – Provides fluids and the plentiful amount of carbohydrates. It holds the same amount of salt and sugar as found in human body. Athletes and long distance runner prefer this type of drink.
- Hypertonic – As compared to the human body it contains the high amount of salt and sugar. To increase the intake of carbohydrates, it is suitable for post-workout time. If you are involved in ultra-distance activity, then you can consume it to boost your energy level in the better-off way. Make sure that you have it with the combination of isotonic drinks so that you can easily substitute the lost liquids.
- Hypotonic – If you associate this type of drink with the human body then you will find that it enjoys the lower concentration of salt and sugar. It is meant for the people who are connected with the roles of gymnasts as they require pure fluids which do not serve as carbohydrate supporter. While workout if you lost fluids from the body due to sweating then you can depend on this type of drink as it can supply the fluids in the faster way.
Now after getting familiar with the types of health drinks I would like to throw light on the advantages of health drinks.
Benefits of Sports Drinks
- Substituting Electrolyte – Lot of sweat comes out when you go through the physical workout for the long time which results in the loss of electrolytes from the body. As such many essential nutrients like sodium, calcium, phosphate, chlorine, and magnesium are lost from the body due to the low level of the electrolyte. So you suffer from various health issues like nausea, dizziness, muscle pain and discomfort. To get rid of all the uneasiness you need health drinks which will restore electrolyte in your body
- Restoring lost fluids- The prolonged sports activity causes loss of fluids from the body of the sportspersons. To avoid the issue of dehydration especially in summers, the athletes require beverages so that they can cope up with the problem of fluid loss from the body. The amount of health drinks consumed by the player varies depending on the amount of sweat lost from the body, weight of the body, duration of the physical activity and intensity of the substantial work.
- Pre & post workout – If you are on an empty stomach and don’t feel like to have some snack before physical activity then you can have some sports drink which will serve as pre-workout energy supporter. It will provide fuel to your body so that you can actively involve in sports. After the workout, you require energy which you burned while playing or physical work. In that case, your body longs for carbohydrates which can be fulfilled by the intake of the health drinks. These sports drinks will provide nutrients to your body so that your body parts work more smoothly.
- Role of carbohydrates – In the form of sugar you can experience the presence of carbohydrates in various types of sports drinks. As a sports person if you are continuously involved in the physical task for more than one hour then the sugars present in your body gets swiftly absorbed and get changed into fuel. You can have health drinks like Gatorade and PowerAde which contains carbohydrates 6-8%. Avoid those drinks which have more than 10% carbohydrates as it may cause various health problems.
- Increases Stamina – The sports drinks will enhance your energy level if you have it before and during the workout. So if you are willing to perform dynamically in sports activity with full vigor, determination and zeal then the sports drinks will make your work stress-free.
From all these points you can make out that sports drinks are valuable for the body as they are responsible in improving hydration and will provide glucose to your body which will allow you to give your best to your physical activity. Moderately most of the sports drink is isotonic in which sugar level ranges from 13-19 grams in every 250ml. They serve as the powerhouse of glucose. Due to the presence of carbohydrates glycogen in the more productive amount they are considered wonder drink for athletes. All these drinks will be boon to your health as they will keep you fit and fine. Enjoy the liveliness and perform more smartly and actively.
If you are into sports or involve in any physical activity, then it is must that you consume good quality of health drinks that provide nutrients to your body so that you can enjoy healthily and physically fit life. To compensate nutrients and energy lost in the long hours of sports and that too in hot weather you should rely on beverages so that you can enjoy efficient results. Have sports drinks to enjoy your physical activity in the more relaxed way.
Priyanka Vijay is the content writer that loves to write informative articles on various subjects which create awareness in the mind of the reader. For her writing is the useful tool that can effectively revolutionize the thought process of an individual. Currently, she is associated with Internetgeeks